From:
Jeanette Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 06:55:57 EST
Hi there:

For those of you who so lovingly sent your prayers to Wompy, thanks.  It
seems to be working.  She came out of the surgery just fine.  She's pretty
tired & is resting a lot, but she's aware & seems to be doing just fine.

Right now, I'm just waiting for the results of the biopsy.  I can only hope
it won't be malignant.  She's too young & too little to be going thru
everything she's been thru (2 surgeries in 3 weeks!).

When I brought her home Monday evening, her big bro, Pooper, was ecstatic.
I put him in the cage w/ her & he started to go for her neck to play.  Well,
I immediately took him out of the cage & put him in his own - to which he
responded by digging out every particle of litter out of his litter box.
So, I put him back in w/ Wompy.  He literally turned her over & as soon as
he saw her stitches, he began to lick her belly & clean her up!  I've never
seen anything like it.  It's pretty cool how protective of her he is.

I'll keep you posted on her progress as she recuperates.  Again, thanks for
all your prayers - she could definitely use them!  And she thanks you all -
ferrets & their pets - for all the hugs!

     Bye,
       Jeanette in VA