Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 22:14:22 EST
Baby, my very first ferret, was a bouncy princess last Wed.  I took her
with me as I shopped for my mother to make sure she would have food, fresh
water and light if we had a problem with electricity for a week or two.
Baby hid in her pouch under my jacket or sat pretty on my lap in the car
as I ran all over the place.  She made cooing noises and kept kissing me.
She was sooo happy.

New Years Eve was spent with her at the emergency hospital.  I worked until
5 p.m.  and we went straight to the vets.  Baby had just collapsed the day
before.  I thought at first that she had blockage or was poisoned.  But
that is not it.  She has had cancer, I was informed.  It just suddenly hit
her like a ton of bricks.

PLEASE take a moment now and ask God to save Baby if this is His will.  She
goes to work with me again tomorrow.  Then we go straight on to the best
ferret surgeons in this area for tests and x-rays.  If she is not
considered too weak, we are set up for surgery on Wed.

Thought I was prepared for New Years Eve.  Never guessed this would happen.
But I knew I had to be with my zoo in case the heat went out, or there was
a problem with the electricity.  So I was ready for action.  Thank God.

Baby is limp like a rag doll next to me.  And this is with several days of
medicine in her.  She had to come to work with me today, as I have to feed
her by hand.

Please pray that God may spare her life for a year more with surgery.  This
delicate silver mitt does not even know she is ferret.  She is part human
and part princess in her mind.  The other ferrets are lucky if she lowers
herself to interact with them..

This poor tiny human princess ferret
My Baby

Lisette