Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 02:49:07 -0500
It is with broken heart I tell you I lost my precious boy, Chance,
Saturday, to kidney failure.  Chance was only 3 years old and he was the
light of my life.  He was the ferret no one wanted because he bit.  Bev
Fox rescued him from a pet store and sent him to me.  He turned out to be
the sweetest ferret I ever had.  We were truly blessed to have Chance.
I just don't understand why God had to take my boy so early.  Sandee,
please help my boy, as he doesn't know anyone at the bridge.  Lead him to
my dear departed friend, Chili John, who has all my departed ferrets in
heaven.  And maybe he can be friends with Laurel's Ziggy.  Chance had
insulinoma surgery Jan.  17 and never bounced back.  He developed a mouth
ulcer and refused to eat.  We tested his blood a few days ago, and my vet
and I were both shocked by his numbers.  His BUN was 180.  My vet had
never seen anything like it, and he treats a lot of ferrets.  We never
thought a 3 year old ferret could go into kidney failure.  I feel guilty
now for putting him through the surgery, but the surgery worked for his
glucose.  His poor little system just couldn't handle the stress.  We had
no way of knowing.  He looked like a good candidate.  He had his right
adrenal out the previous March.  We tried everything to save him, i.v.
fluids at home, but his numbers didn't improve and I couldn't let my sweet
boy suffer.  He really never had much of a chance, hence his name, but he
knows he was truly loved by me and his dad who also has a broken heart.
Chance was his roll over boy and my best buddy.

Sandee, please tell Chance we love him always and not a day will go by
that we don't think of him until we are all reunited again.  Chance will
be the first one I ask for when I cross the bridge.  Moxie always missing
my bug-a-boo Chance

--
* Page me online through my Personal Communication Center:
  http://wwp.mirabilis.com/949746 (go there and try it!) or,