From:
Paige Marie Baldassaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 12:40:30 -0500
Hey out there.  Got a simple question.  I was reading a message posted
about Spike and his hairball (glad to hear he is doing better).  I thought
I had thought of everything I needed to get Hershey and didn't even think
about hairball medication.  Spike takes Femalt, I believe I read in the
message, and I have also heard of laxatone (my sister, Sassy - a minature
daschund takes it for constipation, she is getting along in age).  Is one
better than the other (either tastewise or healthwise) for ferrets?

Also, Hershey met Sassy for the first time over Thanksgiving and it was a
HOOT!  Sassy is 8 yrs old and used to being the only small four-footed
thing in the house.  Then, in comes this furry critter that is even smaller
than her (9 lbs compared to Hersh's 2lbs), smelled funny, too.  Well, Sassy
did not like Hersh at all.  She didn't attack Hershey and neither did he
attack her.  She was so scared, she would run to the nearest human and take
a flying leap onto their lap!  It was so funny.  She would run from
Hershey, who just wanted to play.  Of course, this seemed to him like a
cool game of chase.  So, she would run and he would run after her seeming
to say, "Wanna Play, huh, huh?  Wanna Play?" Sass likes to sleep on
thecouch underneath a pillow and a blanket.  In the morning, the very
second she heard me open the cage, she would run into my parents bedroom a
nd jump on the bed underneath their covers and stay there until they woke
up.  The worst was when Hershey discovered her bed on the couch, with her
sleeping in it.  He was just exploring and she was in a dead sleep.  When
she woke, she lept straight from the bed and ran around in circles trying
to decide where to go until she saw my dad's lap and ran straight for the
hills, so to speak.

I don't think she got a moment's rest the entire time we were there (for a
whole week...poor thing, sorry Sass)

Never did accept Hershey.  But then, Hershey wasn't much snubbed.  There
were too many neat new smells, picture frames to topple, towels to steal,
furniture to sleep under...etc, to feel snubbed.

Happy Holidays!
paige
hershey (What waz dat brown ting, momma? Can we go back?)
 **********
If the doors to perception were cleansed every thing
    would appear to man as it is, infinite.
                        --William Blake
Graduate Student
Virginia Tech

Department of Geological Sciences
Derring Hall, 4044
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061-0420
email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: 540-231-6030
Fax: 540-231-3386

http://www.geol.vt.edu/gradstu/pmbalda/pmbalda.html
I am a indigestible, vitamin-fortified avenger of the food chain!