From:
"Holly S. DiMeglio" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 12:20:22 -0800
I have had a ton of condolence mail from folks on the fml.  You folks are
great and even though I haven't been around in months, I always know I can
count on you for support.  Thank you so much.

Many folks seemed to think that I should still consider getting another
ferret after I had commented that I wouldn't be getting another one.  I
actually agree that getting another ferret is tempting and would give Oliver
a playmate, but... let me explain why I feel the way I do.

Oliver is much more of a people ferret than the girls ever were.  He always
comes to us for playtime and rarely ever played with the girls, except to
drag them around by the neck once in awhile.  He is a complete cuddler and
enjoys being held and cuddled and played with by us.  He comes and sleeps
with us by putting his head on our feet.  I don't feel he'll be overly
lonely (and if it appears that he is, then we'll probably get another
ferret).  My boyfriend and I live in a very small house right now.  Our next
house will be purchased with room for pets a top priority, but right now we
are overcrowded.  And lastly, both my boyfriend and I have 1 1/2 years left
of school and of course our hardest classes are left.  We both work full
time and go to school full time and just don't have the time to dedicate to
the pets and I'm not sure how fair that is to be bringing yet another animal
into this house.  I'd rather dedicate some time into training Oliver a bit
better.

One day in the future, I'm sure I'll have a whole clan of ferrets again.
They sure are wonderful little creatures!  Tonight we are going to have
services for our little girls.  Tequilla, whose brave struggle with all her
illnesses took her life back in Dec.  and for Kahlua, whose curiosity got
the best of her.  They will be buried together, with their favorite toys,
overlooking the Turnagain Arm of the Cook Inlet.  May the Rainbow Bridge be
all that it is said to be.

Holly