From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 22:04:40 -0400
I have two ferrets that are as different as night and day.  My female LIVES
to go outside and dig out chipmunk/ground squirrel holes, trail rabbit
trails etc. etc.  I don't think she'd ever catch enough to live on,
especially in winter but I think she'd last longer than my male.  I've seen
her eat a worm and a spider I had just killed.  She has chased both squirels
and rabbits in my yard (never got close to catching them though).  She did
find a nest of babies in the tall grass once.  I heard the squeaking and
pulled her up by the harness - no blood on her mouth but she was so excited
she pooped all over me.  I put her down to clean myself and she beelined
back towards the field.  She has also "tree'd" chipmunks in my drain spouts
- you should see her tail windmill!  My male could care less and is the
biggest junk food treat hound ever, he'd starve himself eating dog biscuits
if I let him.  Giesela likes a treat or two but not always.  I think this
ferret could hunt (but I don't want her to so don't worry:)

Mary
P.S.  She is also the one who STALKS and HATES the dog.  It sounds weird
but I think she recognizes him as a predator and a threat and won't let
up - which makes things very tense.  Sigh.