From:
Lisa Weisensale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 18:59:37 EDT
Just wanted to drop a line and tell everyone, I too, lost a friend about
3 weeks ago.  Cota was going to have a surgery a week later for adrenal
cancer, but he never made it that far.  He is one of the 1st ferrets we
ever had, so I didn't take it so well.  It's just the same without him.
The house is definitely smaller since he has passed.  Since we had an
opening we brought in another ferret that needed some TLC.  So, we are
still in the trying to get to know the other ferrets-lots of fighting-
Mom and dad haven't slept well in weeks kind of phase..can't wait till
the final brawl!

Having said that, Peanut a 3-4 maybe 5 year old is exhibiting signs of
adrenal cancer.  Hair loss on tail and has definitely gotten thinner....
but she has gotten a new younger play mate about 4 months ago....so playing
and running around have piqued.  But the hair loss is the kicker for me, so
I am pretty sure she has something going on in that little body of hers!

My question is: Now what???  I am sure if I take her to the vet...he will
say....wait till more signs are clear or we could do an exploratory.  I am
not willing to pay $500.00 so the doc can tell me she doesn't have cancer!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Erick and I just got engaged!!