From:
Big Dave from the Enclave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 03:20:34 -0700
Traditionaly I tell people that painting their ferret is a bad idea.....

Now on a more serious note.... once the paint dries it's not really a
problem.  The problem is in the painting.  Some Latex Enamels have high
levels of amonia that can cause respitory problems for human and beast
alike, you can get bronchitis.  There are low or non VOC paints that
will eliminate the odor of the paint as well as eliminate irritiants.
I suggest that you stay far away from the Box store paints, i.e. Home
Depot,Lowes, Menards as the brands they carry may seem cheap but that's
becaus the paint sucks, I know I used to work for a company that supplied
paint to them.  You might be interested in knowing that many paint
companies recan paint, meaning the paint the sell at 9.99 a gallon is
the same paint in the can marked 17.99 per gallon.  The difference, the
label.  One says lifetime guarantee the ither doesn't.  You show me a
paint that last a life time I'll show you a paint company that put's
itself out of Business.  Also if you go to the Rohm and Haas website
(the makers of the raw materials all paint companies use) you'll see
exterior paint should only last 7-10 years if it's premium.  10-13 if
it's interior.

Here are some paint related tips: Never use a wire brush to clean your
brushes, despite what the guy in the orange apron say's it's wrong.
Brush companies have advocated it because it shortens the life of the
brush (meaning you have to buy brushes more often)

You can use a paper cup to make a spout for a paint can, just rip the
bottom off.

A Tsp of Vanilla extract will kill paint odors.

Lamb skin roller covers are the only roller cover you should ever use.
They cut labor down by 60% and they wash out in less than a minute.  They
also don't splatter and can be used for years.  They cost more ($10) but
they are more than worth it.  Try it and you'll thank me for the hint.

If any of you out their in FML land ever have a paint, stain or wood
finish questioin feel free to e-mail me.

Dave