From:
scott sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:32:37 -0000
Today is a turning point in our tribes lives...for the first time, there
are now more wild spirits on the other side of the bridge than here with
us.  A watershed moment to refect on, as we have been owned by these
gentle creatures for a little over 10 years total now.

Bubba was the first and will always remain number one in more ways than
we can count,for he broke the ice and introduced us to the joys (and
heartbreak) of ferret ownership.  He never knew Brando or Bounder, but
today, he will lead the pack as they welcome the two brothers into their
new world.  For some of the others there, this will be a joyous reunion,
for they have not seen the guys for several years and my, how things have
changed.

Blizzard, you won't hardly recognize Bounder, for when you went to the
bridge a few summers ago, he stepped forward, turned white just like you
and assumed your earthly duties as leader of the pack...it was scary to
see sometimes and many times I miscalled him as you in mistaken ID...
sorry bout that, but you became each other as is so often the case.  He
even became aggro towards the new kids on the block as they came to us in
rescue...just like you used to.  Bounder, dancing boy, crazy wild weasel,
always the first up on the bed in the morning to lick me and wake me and
maybe sneak a quick toe nibble if he thought he could get away with it...
what can I say, youv'e given me 7 of the best years any companion could.
Take good care of your brother now that you can see again and have your
weight back and can at last...dance once more.  One day...

Brando, or Big Boy, obviously named for his Marlin size, was Bounders
true bro and they lived together their whole lives, in old age and
disease and hand feeding and blindness and insulinomas and the whole nine
yards.  They refused to live with any other kids and had to have their
own condo on top of the others.  Brando, Fat Boy, you were always so the
gentle giant to hoomans, cuddling up in arms and giving a soft,warm pink
tongue lick to anyone who would have you.

To both you guys...I just know that across the bridge, you will forget
all the past rivalries and rustle and tumble with all in the high summer
grass.  We'll meet again soon someday, for after all, we're just one
breath away!

Sandee, these guys were so special, more than most and the first to have
to go as a pair at 7 1/2 years.  Make sure that everyone on the other
side of the bridge has some special wings for these guys...and a wild
weasel dance that lasts long into the night.

Sleep softly boys

Putorius, CP and the surviving 6...10 now on the other side of that long
bridge....here's to fins in the water, feathers in the fine aire and
tails in the high summer grass