From:
bill and diane killian - zen and the art of ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:03:46 -0700
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Colloidal Silver
>I have been reading the National Enquirer about Colloidal Silver being
>used for common injuries.

Um... The National Enquirer?

>The information stated " this was a natural antibiotic, helps elimate
>infection and promotes healing.  Take 2 droppersful every two to four
>hours for acute infections, decreasing to every six to eight hours
>when you begin to feel better.  Awhile ago, I read people saying not
>to use this on ferrets.  Is this the same thing people were referring to?

Same stuff.  Same level of positive documentation.  Well maybe even better
than most.  But, its the National Enquirer...  If you want very probably
untrue gossip, that's your paper.

Technically it is NOT an antibiotic.  That only discredits anything else
as possibly equally flawed.  Antibiotic is a specific term with a very
specific meaning in medical terminology.  Colloidal silver can be
considered an antiseptic but it is scientifically not regarded a safe one.

>The Enquirer note was written by Dr. Susan M. Lark.  Any information would
>be appreciated..  Sorry, I have not read all the posts on BIGs list.

Dr.?  That means nothing.  We have "Dr. Laura" on the radio who has no
medical degree.  "Dr. J" played basketball and had no medical degree.  In
college most of our professors were "Dr." something or else.  Could mean a
Phd.  in art history.  We wouldn't count on an art historian for medical
advice.  Even with the hard earned title of Docter.

Instead we'll still trust the FDA who has stated categorically there are
*NO* proven benefits to colloidal silver.

Perhaps reading more of the posts would increase your knowledge on topics.

bill
--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets