From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 19:55:05 -0500
Three Northeast Ohio ferret organizations are working together to counter
the negative publicity and save the life of the ferret involved in the bite
incident in Cleveland.

The North Coast Ferret Shelter in Lorain County, Ferrets Unlimited Ferret
Shelter in Cleveland, and the Ohio Ferrets and Friends Association of Akron
have been in constant contact with, sharing information and dividing up
tasks.

I just want everyone to know that it CAN be done!  :-)

And a special thank you to all who have offered to help.  Right now we just
need to keep POLITELY blitzing the media.  Because of the weekend, we have
not been able to contact the necessary public officials.  We plan to start
visiting various city officials, 1998 Compendium in hand, first thing Monday
morning.

If you see any reports by your local media, be sure to contact them with
accurate ferret information.

Here are the Cleveland area news media that have reported on the story:
WUAB-43/WOIO-19 800-929-0132, fax 216-436-5460
WKYC-3 216-574-6397, fax 216-344-3314
WEWS-5 216-431-5555, fax 216-431-3666
WJW-8 216-431-8888, fax 216-391-9559
Cleveland Plain Dealer 800-688-4802, fax 216-999-6354

Linda Iroff
North Coast Ferret Shelter
http://www.oberlin.edu/~liroff/ncfs.html