From:
Alicia K Drakiotes / Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 22:34:26 -0500
This si to Nancy and Graham and anyone else who has wondered about feret
allergies...

Well why not?  we have them.  One of the first places to investigate is your
carpeting...  there are places for baceria to grow..  mold and mildew and
dust mites...  all those great things that make human life miserable can
make your ferrets life miserable as well.

I am sure your vet has examined your Graham for any paprsite etc.  also
beware that allergic reactions to fleas will cause scratching and hair loss
in ferrets.  There is a great big ocean of possibilities and unfortunately
you need to eliminate the possibilities one at a time

Good luck in you hunt for the allergen