From:
Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 14:53:27 -0500
>From:    Talanthas Gileyene <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Whistle training ferrets
>Has anyone whistle trained their ferrets?

well, I can tell you that my housemate, who has a pretty piercing whistle
on her own, has whistle trained her ferrets to come running to a certain
whistle- maybe if you chose a distinctive pattern for your own whistle and
then copied it on the plastic or metal whistle, they would get the idea,
especially with treats as an incentive...

on ants (and no, not whistle training them, as I suspect some of you may
have hoped from the subject header ;) -- the best way I've found to get
rid of ants is to sit on the floor for a while and watch them.  Eventually
you'll see a pattern in their movements, and figure out where they're
coming from.  Follow them back to their souce, and caulk up whatever crack
or hole they're coming in through.  I had to caulk my entire front entryway
once to keep ants out, but once it's done, it's done.

Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/8096

           Look, this cup of mine is empty
           Seems I've misplaced my desires
  Seems I'm sweeping up the ashes of all my former fires