From:
elaine mac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2010 17:13:29 -0700
Iaccidentally erased the post but i wanted to respond to the woman who
had mentioned her husband needed to know about ferrets and compassion.
Here is my story. I have five ferrets and one of them is Cashmere who
had been very ill and died in my arms last night. I got to say my
goodbyes and prepare him to go to the Rainbow Bridge. My boyfriend said
aren't you going to let the other ferrets (four of them) say good bye
too? I said he is already dead and he said well they need to say
goodbye. As distraught as i was i said alright. Well he was all
snuggled up in a small box and when i laid him on the floor all the
ferrets gathered around. The first one was my only female Princess, the
groomer, who licked his ear and face and then just stood back. Then my
deaf and half blind ferret Baby went and sniffed him really good then
laid down with his chin on his paws, and one tear fell from his eye,
coincidence? Yes, probably, but still enough to break your heart.

Next comes Pepper my big fat goofy ferret, and Cashmere is now cold,
so Pepper is trying to lay on top of Cashmere to keep him warm, i am
gathering. I now pull Pepper away and the last ferret Lucky sniffs and
gets very upset and tries to pull Cashmere out of the box with all his
might. I had to say enough and let them all have one more sniff before
taking him away. So my answer is compassion or coincidence i dont know
but i think it is very ironic that the same day the question is posted,
i have that experience, my boyfriend says i owe it to all of you to
share this most private and heartfelt moment. Please give extra hugs
and kisses tonight to all those beautiful faces.......

Laney and her four
rest in peace Lacey and now Cashmere