From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 18:47:41 EST
I've seen a few posts now about using the puppy housebreaking pads and I
thought I'd throw in some money saving info...

If you venture into the "incontinence" aisle at your local drug store you
can find what are usually called "chair protector pads" (there are also
"bed size" but those are probably too big for most needs).  They are sold
by the various "big names" as well as by generics.  THEY ARE EXACTLY THE
SAME as the puppy pads at about 1/2 or 1/3 the price (usually about $6 for
30 or 40!!).  If you can't find them right away, go to a different drugstore
(not every one carries them).  The money you save will be worth it.

I have been using these for years in front of doors where litter boxes are
not really feasible and they are excellent.  My ferrets have even come to
think of them as substitute litter boxes so when I go to a motel or my
parents' house I lay them out instead of litter boxes (they are alot easier
to pack!).  Once you get over purchasing "incontinence" products (I
actually had one checkout person give me a helpful incontinence tip!!),
you'll never spend the extra money for puppy pads again.

pocha in CA