From:
"Irena Arthur (OPS|schwanke)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 10:12:01 EDT
Howdy Gang,
So you guys, Bill and Diane, caught my blunder!

>From:    "Irena Arthur (OPS|schwanke)" <[log in to unmask]>
>I realized that I would have to digest a living frog.

I got a good laugh.  Maybe I am experiencing some surpressed urges, better
look into it!!!  I have decided against becoming a vet after speaking with
mine.  I may reconsider, however, when the law allows vet to either
confiscate animals or shoot owners!  Until then I am going to do some
volenteer work (hopefully with DNR or the Zoo-I have to check out what is
available).

>>To Karen and Madison,
I just recieved by dryer hose yesterday (three 8 foot lengths).  I am going
to use small O-rings (don't know if that is the correct name) to clamp them
together at the ends and S-hook to hook them to the top of the cage.  I have
had my layout planned for some time now.  It will be similar to the tunnels
that McDonald's and Chuck E.  Cheese have for the kids.  One hose will start
at floor level and gradually go up to the roof (with dips and turns in them)
and then back down to the floor.  I am still debating whether or not I want
to add a slide/shute at one end of the hose which will dump the babies into
one of the hammocks!  I am installing theirs this evening after work.

>>To Judy,
Just thought you might like to know that the girls went for their booster
distemper shots last night and Dr.  Cook, once again gave them a clean bill
of health.  He is probably getting sick of me because every time I go I
think there is something wrong with one of the babies (probably because I
read the fml too much).  I've always been one of those mom's who read some-
thing and then gasps "oh my God, they've got it!" (I did the same thing with
my daughter until she was about 9 months old)!  Anyway, he also checked
their poopie and it came back negative for parasites and it was of a good
color and consistency.  Chelsea is up to 1-1/2 pounds (I thought she was
heavier) and Lucy is now a svelte 1-3/4 pounds (she has become much more
active since Chelsea came to live with us).  Hope this puts your mind at
rest (I know the ECE scare had you pretty worried).

God bless and love to all,
        Irena...Lucy and Chelsea's mom