From:
Tracy Jose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 08:55:24 -0500
>From:    Jaymi Murphy
>Subject: Gastric Ulcers
>Heidegger was rushed into the vet's today and diagnosed with gastric ulcers.
> .15 ml Amoxicillin twice daily for 8 days
> 1/16 of a tablet of Metronidazole for 8 days (the bottle says "Qty. 1
>      Metronidazole 250 mg)
> 1/2 cc of Pepto Bismol three times daily for 8 days

My little Leah recently also had ulcers, she stopped eating and was
grinding her teeth a lot, she lost a lot of weight and refused to play.  I
was also prescribed by my vet, the amoxi, metronidazole and pepto bismol.
It was terrible stuff to administer to her....that stuff is absolutely
nasty, she hated it.  She was on it for a little over a month along with
some duck soup and she snapped out of it finally.  Now she's back to her
normal weight and playing with her sister.  It just takes time and the
hardest part is giving those nasty meds.  If you have problems with that,
just e-mail me and i'll share some tips on how I went about it.  Good Luck
with your little one!

Ferret kisses!
Tracy J.
Tango, Chico, Roo, Pepe', Spunky and Leah