From:
Chris & Shelley Knudsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 01:54:24 -0700
Hello,

I just got the great news from my vet this morning, the official aleutian
disease test came back negative!  I kept telling myself, as rare as it was,
the chances were very slim, it was just that every symptom matched up
perfectly.  I am still not completely out of the woods yet, I still have to
figure out what Dawson and Fifi have, and they are not coming out of
quarrantine until I am 100% sure.  But, I have not killed all of my own
fuzzies by running the shelter, and a giant weight has been lifted off of my
chest.  This past week, I have not been able to sleep or relax wondering if
I brought something in that would kill every fuzzy I have tried so hard to
help.  I have also learned quite a bit about aleutian disease in the
meantime, and I am not so sure that it is in fact all that rare, or even all
that deadly.  But that is another story.  Suffice to say, I can now breathe
easier again.

Thank you sooo much to everyone that called or e-mailed me.

Dooks and kisses all around,
Shelley Knudsen
Legion of Superferrets of Nebraska Ferret Shelter