From:
Gail Reilly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 1994 00:31:45 -0500
Ferret injuries:
One of my fuzzies took a header of of the kitchen counter this morning.  It
wasn't very high, and she seems fine, (everything works properly, stools are
OK, she's as attentive as usual, etc.) but it left me kind of worried.  I
would imagine that it isn't too hard to to tell when a ferret has an injury
like a broken bone, but how can you tell if something is damaged inside?
What outward signs, if any, do internal injuries generate?  Should I just go
to the vet anytime there's a fall?  That seems a little excessive, but I
would certainly do it if that were the only way to be sure the little guys
were OK.

Snow:
On a much lighter note, someone on America Online recently suggested filling
the tub with snow, for the ferrets to play.  Since our guys love playing
outside in the snow, but the temperature has prevented them from going out as
much as they would like (not to mention the silliness involved whenever you
try to go outside with two ferrets on leashes) this seemed like a great idea.
 We tried it and it was a big hit.  They had a wonderful time, and could go
in and out of the tub as they pleased for several hours.

Gail, Tigger & Roo