From:
Monica Coffey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 06:17:39 -0800
I have a wonderful vet in Louisville.  It is Shively Animal Clinic on
Dixie Hwy.  The phone # is (502)778-8317.  The office is family owned and
operated.  The two vets that are the most ferret knowledgable are Dr.
Joyce and Dr. MaryJane.  They are also very reasonable priced and will
allow clients that have been there 10+ visits to carry a balance as
needed.  They are open 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and there is
someone there to answer the phone 24 hours a day.  The only bad thing is
that you will often have to wait 2 hours or so to see the vet since they
are first come, first serve, except for scheduled surgeries.  I have been
to many other vets in Louisville before finding this office and I would
never even think of taking my babies anywhere else.

If they encounter a situation they are unfamilar with they will do
whatever necessary to find out how to properly treat it.  For example,
when I first went there with my dog (who was having breathing problems
that my other vet couldn't find a reason for) she had to have heartworm
treatment (which my other vet never explained I should be giving a monthly
treatment to prevent).  My dog had a severe allergic reaction to the
heartworm treatment and swelled up so badly that the skin under her arms
split open.  The vet nursed her back (coming in every 4 hours everyday for
a week, including his off day, to make sure she was okay and hand fed her
chicken that he bought himself and never charged me for).  She still had
the heartworms though and she obviously couldn't finish that treatment.
My vet then flew to Texas (again at no charge to me) to meet with other
vets at the University to discuss an alternative new type of heartworm
therapy.  That was when my chow-chow was 8.  She is now a very happy and
still very healthy 14 year old who absolutely loves to go to the vet.

Sorry for rambling, but I just wanted to give an example of the type of
people that work at this vet office.  They are truely compasionate and
professional people.

Monica & the gang
Bear(chow) - Can we go the vet right now mom? Can we?
J.D.(mutt) - Let's just play tug-of-war instead.
Wrigley(mutt) - How about if we sleep in daddy's lap?
Jaime(cat) - Cat?!? Don't you mean Princess?
Crystal(ferret) - Ooh,let me get the cat. Here kitty.
Teddy aka Garfunkle(ferret) - Who wants kisses? I got
lots of kisses. Hey, quit stepping on my head Crystal!