From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 22:03:46 -0700
Dear All,

I just need to pump up the volume on the need for each....yes EACH...
and every one of you to go to this link and sign up. Understand, you
are not obligated to do a thing when the crisis arrives, you yourself,
may be overwhelmed. However, your participation in providing support
in a crisis can be anything from giving a roll of paper towels to
providing housing, transport, etc. For cripes sake, just go sign up, it
won't hurt you a bit! The participation of everyone will benefit all.
We need a national database of those willing to help, in any capacity.

I enrolled and it took me ONE MINUTE to fill out the form. One freakin
minute out of your busy life will put you on the ferret rescue team.
Be a hero, enroll now.

Ok, the hero thingy....when each individual contributes to a team
effort, to help a crisis recovery, each person, imho, is a hero.

http://www.nationalferretrescue.org/member/join.html

WE MUST BE PREPARED!

At this very moment in time, Hurricane Hanna, and wild man IKE, and the
many spawns off the African coast are bearing down on the East Coast
and Gulf Coast. For your own perspective on what we're facing, view
this site: http://www.stormpulse.com/

Sure the Hurricane season is a big concern, but there are floods,
earthquakes, and even breeder disasters, throughout the US that need
a team effort to answer the call for support and recovery.

Join the national emergency team to support ferret rescue!

It's projected that Hurricane Hanna will be hitting the East Coast
tomorrowincluding my area, within the next few days. Behind Hanna is
one hell of a killer hurricane - IKE, if it continues at it's CAT 4/5
strength, and behind IKE are more, yes more, expected to hit the US
within the next week or so.

There are a kazillion of FML ferret owners and shelters that will be
affected by Hanna and possibly the other hurricanes targeting the Gulf
Coast and East Coast.

Understand that the Gulf Coast and the East Coast are in imminent
danger. However, the rest of the country can only benefit by a well
armed national rescue team in the future.

It's crisis planning time, please sign up on the National Ferret
Rescue crisis planning form.

Yep, be a hero in-waiting! We need you on the team!

PLEASE X-POST THIS ON EVERY FORUM YOU ARE ON!!

Affectionately,
Barb Clay
Dir of Shelter Affairs for Rocky's
www.rockysferrets.com