From:
Shawna-Lynn Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 16:01:47 -0400
Hey all! Been awhile. Here's what's been going on...
My mother still isn't convinced ferrets are the way to go, but we're going
to a Ferret Frolic (yea!) tonight in High Park.  Maybe when she sees how
cute, lovable and sweet ferts really are, she'll be a convert.  It should be
really interesting, anyhoo.

The "cage or not to cage" issue has actually been really helpful to me, as a
soon-to-be fuzzie owner.  I'd love to let my ferret/s have free run of the
house, but due to our dog and the fact that people are always coming and
going around here, I don't think it's the best idea.  I was planning on
letting my fert/s have the spare bedroom.  However, there was mention on
yesterday's FML about cordoning (sp?) off a section of the house for the
fuzzies to roam in-- a semi-cage.  Half of our upstairs would be ideal for
that-- the spare room, my roo, my bathroom, and a hallway.  What do you use
to block off the hall though?  Thanks to anyone who could help me with this.
Lastly, to anyone in the Toronto-ish area who is looking for a new home for
a fuzzy-- let it be known that in abouttwo months (end of August)... I will
finally be getting my fert!  So if anyone needs to give up a fert :-(, drop
me a line.  I'll probably be going to a shelter, though.  Anyone had any
personal experience with the Southern Ont.  shelters that they want to
share?  I'd 'preciate it!  Gotta run--exams and all.  Ciao!

Shawna