From:
dolphinshelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:45:56 -0700
hi, havent written in awhile i have some great people on my aol (instant)
who help me but for some reason tonight my list wont show..  ok , i have
two females about 2 or so, took them to there (old) vet this week to get
there shots (this is where the previous owner took them) they gave them
rabies and distemper shots, i questioned about the shots because i have
been reading about reactions, the vet tells me that they use a and i quote
(a ferret vaccine) so they dont have reactions..  i kept a really close eye
on them anyway, but i want to know if this is true??  also they used the
same amount on fera who is 1.3 pds and chloe is 2.3 pds is this right??  to
use the same amount?  well they didnt seem to have any bad reactions just
got sleepy but i gotta tell ya i didnt like the way she handled my girls,
she scruffed them and gave the shots in there necks wow didnt realize how
much they could hiss and complain, i asked for a (complete) look over and
all she did was listen to there bellies, didnt check there ear's or teeth..
is this typical??

im afraid there isnt any vet's here in Farmington, NM who know about
ferrets, the lady at the desk was saying alot of ferret owners go there..
am i just over reacting??  i could be..

also i have been really sick this week with sinus, then it went to my chest
(can hardly breath) i want to know if i can get my girls sick?  i have been
trying to be careful about not letting them lick my face or handling them
to much, and fera is kinda coughing, i washed all there stuff today (lmao)
there really mad with me..  and what about smoking??  yes i do smoke and my
roommate does to but i prefure to smoke outside but i cant get my roommate
to how hamful is this to them (im getting really aggrevated with the
roommate) i dont want my girls sick!!

ok one more question after i take a shower and am standing on the rug
trying to get dry fera and chloe will come in and lick my feet and my legs
but fera will bite me (not hard) but hard enough to make me not want her in
there grrrr the little monster, she doesnt do that to my roommate, why me??

well thanks for your time i do love this FML it has helped me so much :o}

shelley