Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2009 08:00:19 -0500
I also have a ferret who will dig or drag or otherwise get the water
out of the water bowl. They are free roam so that was a problem. I
finally solved it with a 'Water Hole' bowl. It's a plastic bowl with
a lid on it. The lid has a hole in it. I then put this bowl inside a
clean litter box. He still digs a little at the water but the water
doesn't splash out, and even though he rearranges the litter box some,
he isn't dragging the whole water bowl around the room splashing the
water as it moves.

He also used to dig the food out of a regular bowl. This was solved
when I got a huge dog sized tip proof dog food bowl. It has a metal
insert for the food so I can wash it easily, but the size of the bowl,
and it's tip-proofness has worked.

good luck..

Sharon Lieberman