From:
"Mick D'Aquin-Burglass, M.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 13:47:10 -0300
Hillary,
yes, I breed horses, goats, alpacas, llamas, and dogs.  You are, of course,
correct about horses and goars raiding the grain and sweet feed.  BUT, they
will not in my 30 years experience do so repeatedly to the point of creating
nutritional problems.  Yes, of course, torsion and colic are possible
sequelae of such raids and may be fatal.  But, I maintain that I have not
known any species to consistently eat "incorrectly" to their own nutritional
(not pathophysiologic) detriment.

Mick