From:
Curt Brawn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 06:24:14 -0500
Yes!  It's true!  I recieved a notice yesterday from the vet who cares for
my rescued ferrets.  The ferrets are now to be treated like cats or dogs in
cases of bites.  Ten days quarrentine, and if the ferret is bitten by a
suspected rabid animal, it will recieve 45 days quarrentine (if it has been
vaccinated by a licensed veterinarian) or 180 days if not!  Now my ferrets
can do all the Pet Therapy that they want, without the fear of a scratch and
death!  I do feel sorry for all the uncalled for deaths, these guys all
tested negative except one.

I have a list of people looking to adopt ferrets, if the other ferret
rescues in Florida, close to Sarasota need some names.

You can reach me, (Jeanine) at Mutt Management, Inc. Doggie Daycare and
Training Center....(941) 927-Mutt.

Thanks,
Jeanine's Jungle & Ferret Rescue