From:
"Larry D. Tilford" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 09:09:35 -0800
Hello, everyone.  I felt it important to add my input into the discussion
about censorship and hurt feelings.  Having just recently been the recipient
of several flames myself, I can certainly understand the desire to retaliate
and sign off.  But, please, try not to overreact.  I think all of us should
know going in that if we offer our opinions on things, there is a strong
likelihood that we will be flamed.  From now on I just intend to put on my
armor and try and grow up a little as a result.  I admire those who can
avoid being thin-skinned and take comments with a grain of salt.  They are
not me.  But I can continue to learn.  And I know that I can trust BIG's
judgment through his guidelines that things will not get out of hand.  (He
has faithful rejected some of my unnecessary rantings).

I value all of your ideas.  I may not always agree with them, may not always
read them, but I wouldn't want you to stop writing about your ferrets
regardless.  I appreciate this forum and its participants, even Maggie Mae,
and even when she talks too much about her life and not enough about
ferrets.  I just don't read those posts.

Please soften your hearts and toughen your skins, folks.  Happy Holidays.

Larry Tilford