From:
Jason Poole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 19:38:22 -0600
(Continued from Buddy's Story: part 3 . . .)

This time the cat did not lay back down but started walking right at
Jeffery!  This was one time that Jeffery was glad to be in a cage.  The cat
walked over to the cage sat down right in front of it.  He just stared at
Jeffery.  Jeffery watched him sitting there with that big tail swishing
side to side behind the cat.  This went on for a minute or two and Jeffery
was starting to get really nervous.  Then from somewhere that Jeffery
couldn't really determine a voice said "Hello there."  This really freaked
out Jeffery.  He figured that he had just gone over the edge and was now
officially crazy.  There is no way that a cat could use ESP ... or was
there.
Jeffery looked at the cat and said "Excuse me?"
The cat replied, "I said hello."
"Ya, I heard that," Jeffery replied, "But cats aren't supposed to know how
to use ESP."

The cat just chuckled to himself.  "Well, except for me, I would have to
agree with that statement.  None of the other cats I have ever met can even
hear me when I use ESP.  They only understand meow talk."

"Um, please excuse me for a minute," replied Jeffery.  At this, he went over
and plunged his entire head into the water bowl.  He held it there until he
had to breathe and then pulled his head back out of the water.  He shook his
head and turned back to the cat.
"Having a hard time accepting this?", the cat asked.  "I understand what
your going through.  The only other animal that I have ever talked with was
the squirrels, and they told me I was nuts, excuse the pun.  They told me
that only squirrels had ESP and they turned around and left.  I was
depressed for a while and decided that I had just dreamed the whole ESP
thing until you yelled at me.  Could I please ask you one favor though, when
I am sleeping please don't scream at me like that.  I think you scared two
of my nine lives out of me.  I can't afford that happening too many more
times."

Jeffery just stood there in dumb amazement.  Everything was wrong.  Not
only was this cat able to understand and use ESP but this cat was also,
well, nice!  This situation was going to require a lot of rethinking.
Jeffery turned to the look at the cat.
"My name is Jeffery.  What's yours?"
"Fluffy.  I know it is a stupid name but that is the name that my human
gave me.  I have always wanted to be called Cleo."
"Cleo it is then," replied Jeffery.

During the next few hours they talked.  Cleo told Jeffery a little about
himself and then Jeffery related all of the different things that had
happened to him.  It was hard for Jeffery to talk about Sprite because she
was so near to his heart.  The fact that it appeared that he would not be
able to keep the promise that he had given her was also very painful.  After
telling about Sprite he noticed that Cleo had a tear in her eye.  Wow, there
are a lot of things about cats that he had never fully understood.

After a while Cleo excused herself and Jeffery went back to his blanket to
lie down.  It looks like he had made a friend where he thought one had not
existed.  He smiled to himself and then fell asleep, dreaming of his white
angle.  (To Be Continued . . .)

Jason, Sammy, Doris, and Buddy
ICQ # 7528859 (Sammy's Dad)
ICQ - www.icq.com