Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 05:52:29 -0700
I have a solution to the "need to dig" issue.  What works for my kids
is a bag of bags.  You know those crinkly blue plastic shopping bags?
Naturally I'm not suggesting you let them play unsupervised, as fuzzys
seem to find trouble in nearly anything they play with.  My kids love to
dig through a bag of tightly fit bags.  They dig them out, dance on the
scattered bags that they've strewn across the floor, dooking and dancing
in delight at the crinkle sound they make.  They roll in them, pounce
them and drag them into hidey holes.  For interactive fun, I shake them
out (the bags that is) and toss them into the air.  As they float down
to anxious fuzzys below, the kids wait until they are within ferret reach
so they can tackle them and pounce some more.

Kim and da kids at Somethin Up My Sleeve

Disclaimer: No ferrets were harmed during the above described play
session.