From:
DOOK-WOOF-DOOK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:36:50 -0400
Hi, unfortunately we can't get a credit card.  About 5 years ago my
husband was laid off from his Senior Network position when Lucent/Agere.
In order to save our home and keep the roof over our heads and food on
our table (we have 4 children ages 18-12), we had to file bankrupsy.
This still haunts us today.  So although that thought has crossed my
mind and I am applying, I have yet to be accepted.  I don't work, so our
income is not high enough for everyone.  I homeschool my son right now
also.  Next year, when he goes back into the public school, things will
be different, as for I can get a job.  I am not opposed to having a job!
I welcome the opportunity to work again.

And yes, I agree 100% that a vet should not have a tab this high if that
is their policies.  The issue I have is, that when I made the tab, it
was their policy to allow tabs.  No caps where put on and you could run a
tab.  Hence the reason why I did.  I got alot of very, very sick ferrets
in last year.  And it adds up.  I have paid off over $9000.00 of that tab
over the year.  This amount is the balance so far.  So it is not like I
am just sitting around not paying on it.  But the vet is now demanding
(which is fine) his full payment and changing the policies.  However, he
must realize that shelters don't have that much cash sitting around and
this issue will take time to resolve.  Which I am sure he realizes.  My
problem lies in the fact, I am out of a very excellent vet until I get it
paid off.  I can go to another local vet, but their costs are much higher
and they are not as good with ferrets.  I can run tabs there, but again,
I don't have that trust and comfort I have with Anna.  But I agree with
their policy, and will just have to do things differently in the
financial area.

My plan is to:

1. Not take in ferrets for about 1 year.  (hopefully less time)  Try to
find some other shelter to take them in the mean time.  Even if it means
transporting them out to the other shelters.  Or some I have here that
are adoptable and make some room for new ones.

2.) Continue to adopt out the ones I have.

3.) Pay off this vet bill.

4.) Get a nest egg together for the rescue ferrets so I have at least 2
surgeries completely paid for.  It is the surgeries which will have the
most effect.  As for they must be paid for, under the new rule, within
30 days.

5.) And then start up again.  Hopefully I can get this all cleared up
within 6 months-1 year.

6.) And pray to God that none of the ferrets I have now get sick!  That
is the big one!

Thank you so much to EVERYONE that has donated to my raffle.  WOW, did I
get some great prizes.  SUPER SUPER SUPER Raffle so far (I think).  And
all the wonderful suggestions!  Every avenue is being explored right now!

I thought about this, as the raffle prizes were coming in.  I know alot
of shelters do Ebay.  If you are cleaning your closets this spring and
are going to toss something out, clothes, shoes, household items or
anything.......contact your local shelter and see if they do ebay.  Lots
of things sell on ebay (as you may see I have more then just ferret
related stuff on ebay now-branching out a bit).  I have found that not
hitting up the same people all the time has really helped.  I really hate
bugging everyone all the time.  But one of my passions is ferrets and I
LOVE making ferret related things!  But this idea may also help other
shelters.  It is like having a yard sale all year long.  Sure, it is
work, but they also have selling managers out there (we are one) who will
sell your stuff for you if you are not computer or ebay knowledgeable.

We are always willing to sell stuff for people also.  We just ask that
the ebay fees be paid, and we get a small donation to our shelter.

Thank you so much everyone for everything.  And thank you for all the
donations.  Don't forget, shelters are ALWAYS willing for new fundraising
ideas.  Keep them rolling in!

Marguerite from TinyPrints Ferret Rescue

Close to 14 Prizes so far.......and still adding!
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/shelterraffle.htm
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
Aloha Ferrets Ebay Store
http://stores.ebay.com/Aloha-Ferrets-Store
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZtinyprintsferretrescue