From:
Kristen Herzog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 09:25:51 -0400
'Lo, FML!
Brought my boys to a new vet recently, who noted that both had enlarged
spleens.  She did explain to me, just like in the Medical FAQ, that most of
the time an enlarged spleen isn't something to get to worried about, and
surgery won't be necessary unless the ferret shows other symptoms or signs
of discomfort.

She showed a little more concern for the 5 year-old, who apparently has a
gianormous spleen.  He also has had cataracts from a rather early age.
She's concerned it might be insulinoma.  What's your take?  She's told me
to look for "staring off into space" behavior.  The poor kid is almost
blind as a bat, so he often has that staring off into space look... Are
there any other sorts of behavior I should be looking out for?

Anyone with answers can email me privately, if you'd like...
kristenh@benjerry.com...

Thanks!