From:
"Meg Carpenter, Chaotic Ferrets" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 17:20:30 -0500
Hello FML - With all the snow on the east coast and everywhere else - many
are snowed in.  Vet offices in the Northern Virginia area were closed on
Monday and some on Tuesday.  More snow is forcasted for tomorrow.  Hope that
doesn't materialize, but should it occur - kick back and enjoy your fuzzies.
Do put them on leash and halter for any outside jaunts.  Very nearly lost a
crazy blaze hob, Beau Gest, a.k.a.  Beau Zo, despite leash and halter - he
pulled away and we all went snow diving trying to catch him.  Could track
him by his screams.  He screams at everything.  He is nuts.  Canadian
ferrets went bonkers in the snow.  So did other hobs and jills, except my
bad girl, My Black Sin.  She was afraid of it and clung to me while hissing
at the snow.  Go figure..

If anybody needs advice or help, my telephone number is 703-765-4353 and
work is 703-765-3112.  My FMLs have not come in since the 5th, due to a
glitch, so have no idea what is happening out there in ferretland.  However,
I have had a number of phone calls with ferrets under the weather (pun) due
to stomach upsets -- diarrhea and vomiting.  Don't know yet if this is more
ECE or another gastrointestinal bug.  Take heart, most of these having been
recovering farily quick.  Best regards, meg