From:
Lin Talbot-Koehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 00:56:04 -0400
Ashley:

3 of my 5 ferrets are deaf.  Oberon has nasty waxy ears that have to
be constantly looked after.  Puck's ears are spotless.  Max's ears are
somewhere in between the other guys' ears.

You might want to have your vet check your baby's ears.  My Ariel has
nasty ears right now.  She's on pred for lymphoma, which messes w/ the
immune system.  As a result, she's more prone to infections, & at
present, she has a yeast infection, the main symptom of which is a very
dark gunk in the ears.  It's not oozing out by any means, but it really
builds up fast.  She's on Tresaderm drops for it, & we clean her ears
out every other night.  Your baby could have some sort of infection
that's causing gunk to build up in the ears.  It's worth checking out,
even if it's just to *rule out* any problems.

Just my observation ~

Lin, Ariel, Oberon, Max, Puck, & Ivan