From:
Michael G Chaput <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 1995 11:43:59 -0500
concerns over kiddies that nip a lot, Just use the Vulcan neck pinch.  By
just grasping your ferret between thumb and finger on the back of the neck,
your wee beastie will calm down.  Within moments they will begin to yawn,
and become limp.  They will stay this way until you release the pinch.
Just pinch hard enough to hold them still, and not to hurt.

    By doing this you can get the kiddie used to being held and getting
used to fingers in front of their face, since it will be much too busy
yawning to bite.

    And a note about that post about chocolate being poisonous to ferrets.
I agree with the moderator that this post probably belongs in
alt.urban.folklore. because since our two beasties DON'T like raisons, we
give them a Hershey's Kiss for a treat each day.  Been doing this for many
years without any hint of a problem.

                            Regards,
                            Mike