From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:56:16 -0400
It's been a long time since the topic of Kennel Cough came up so I
figured these past BW posts and their reassuring information might be
useful.  Dr. Bruce Williams is a ferret expert veterinary pathologist
who is justifiably world renowned:

http://ferrethealth.org/archive/YG4145

http://ferrethealth.org/archive/YG11643

http://ferrethealth.org/archive/SG4987
>Kennel cough in the dog is a combination of viral and bacterial
>infections and is specific to the dog.  While your ferret has a remote
>chance of picking up the bacterial component, the syndrome of kennel
>cough is not a consideration in the feret.

-- Sukie (not a vet, and not speaking for any of the below in my
   private posts)
Recommended health resources to help ferrets and the people who love
them:
Ferret Health List
FHL Archives
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
AFIP Ferret Pathology
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html
Miamiferrets
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/
International Ferret Congress Critical References
http://www.ferretcongress.org