Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 23:02:41 -0700
I've been reviewing the FML archives and found some basic information,
but I'd like some final clarification.  I have a 2 1/2-year-old female,
Buttercup, who has the initial signs of an Adrenal tumor--hair loss on her
tail, but it's been gradual (the hair is actually still quite thick at the
base of her tail).  Other than that, she's quite healthy, no swollen vulva,
plenty of energy, good poops & potty.

After reading the archives, it seems to me that in my situation, I'd be
better off getting her the surgery and getting rid of the tumor(s)
entirely, rather than just putting her on Lupron and treating the symptoms.
Also, since the tumor seems to be benign (she's been having the hair loss
for about 10 months now), should I get it taken care of right away while
she's still healthy, or wait until the hair-loss starts up her back?

One more question: if I do get her the surgery next month, is it a good
idea to try to put a little bit more weight on her?  She's 1.8 lbs, not
tiny, but not huge by any stretch.  I've got some of the Iam's a/d which I
used to fatten up her sister last year when she was seeming a little thin.

Thanks for any advice,
Wendy and House Penferret--Boobah, Buttercup, Pica, and Flower