From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 13:19:55 -0700
Hi,

Just a few ferrety thoughts on being mobbed when taking ferrets out
strolling.  Boy, I could start a dating service with my fuzzies!!  $10/hour
and I'd be rich, letting single people take them walking.  (Just kidding!)

I've really been enjoying taking my seven fuzzies (one at a time) out for a
short stroll.  I've met many neighbors this way and the kids love being
outdoors.  It's good for the neighbors to recognize the kids and know where
they live and it's good for the kids, too, to get familiar with the
neigborhood, in case they ever, by any chance (I hope NEVER!) got out on
their own.  People come right out of their houses to meet them, or stop cars
in the middle of the street!  It's a blast for all.  Except one young couple
that delivers the paper, fairly recent emigrants from the Ukraine, asked if
Tarzan (really big and really soft!) was for sale, as they thought he'd make
a good hat.  The wife quickly explained that it was very cold where they
were from and hats were very valuable.  I, as quickly, explained about PET
ferrets, though I think wild animals are better left alive too, of course.

Happy Ferret Days,

Lynn Mc.