From:
"Michael Dutton, DVM, DABVP" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 17:45:07 -0500
THE ADVICE DISPENSED BY MYSELF IN REFERENCE TO FML POSTINGS IS NOT MEANT TO
SUPPLANT THE ADVICE OF VETERINARIANS WHO ARE IN CHARGE OF THE PATIENT.  IF
THE PATIENT IS NOT CURRENTLY UNDER THE CARE OF A VETERINARIAN, THE CLIENT IS
RECOMMENDED TO TAKE THEIR FERRET TO ONE.

>From:    Barbkitty <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: tapeworms
>My cat was taken to the vet this morning to get neutered and to be
>treated for tapeworms.

Yes, ferrets can get tapeworms.  Common types are Mesocetoides, Ariotaenia
and Dipylidium caninum.

>From:    Howard Davis <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Distemper Vaccine Survey Update

Just a general questions for anyone in Massachusetts.  My understanding of
the recent Massachusetts ferret law was that only approved distemper ferret
vaccines can be used (in this case Fervac).  If this is true, how many
veterinarians are using Galaxy-D and their handling of the law?

Mike Dutton, DVM, DABVP
Weare Animal Hospital
Weare, NH.