Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 2010 18:58:52 -0700
We have had several direct responses to the posts on the FML regarding
our pleas for votes in the Pepsi Refresh Everything Contest- Maybe we
can help clear things up quick :)

This contest is not the Animal Rescue Site contest in which several
ferret rescues are participating- as far as we know there are NO other
ferret rescues in the Pepsi contest & certainly not in the 250K
category which we are in-

Winning this contest means we will go from a home based sanctuary with
300+ rescued abandoned abused unadoptable exotic pets ( including 20
ferrets) to a stand alone facility able to care for over a thousand
such animals at a time, including 2 free range ferret rooms to house
about 50 ferrets. It also means we can educate thousands more people,
and the rescue can continue long after we ourselves can keep it up.
(April from Totally Ferret, Zoo and Wolfy have all been here- they
know we are legit, fully licensed, and not hoarders, or a fly by night
rescue :)

There are virtually no large grants or funding for a facility such as
ours- most animal rescue funds are for dogs & cats or widllife- as many
of my fellow operators know.

This contest is a once in a lifetime chance to build the facility- ALL
other ferret rescues should all also be applying - in whatever category
they want- the 5K, 25K, 50K and the 250K- each category does not
compete against each other and there are 10 winners each month in the
5, 25 & 50 K levels and 2 in the 250k. Each person gets 10 votes per
day, one per project, so they can use them for 10 different projects!

You do have to be signed in to vote- your vote does not count if you
are nto signed in- you hit the vote button, the sign in pop up comes
up, sign in then ckick vote again- it will say thank you - then you
know your vote counted! initially you 'create an account' it is fast
and easy- they jsut need your birthdate, email password and name-
thats all- to prevent spam voting- you can also be signed in with your
facebook account, and share it on facebook too whcih is a super easy
way to help spread the word!

So again 60 seconds of your time each day in June , a little more if
you want to help get the word out encouraging others to vote, and you
can help be respon sible for savign thousands of little furry and
scaly & feathered lives that otherwise would not have a chance!

Just as examples of what we take in: pet rat to be euthanized due to
biting, elderly pet ferret to be euthanized due to owner not wanting
to pay for adrenal care, pet parrot to be let go outside because of
squawking & biting , pet hedgehog to be euthanized because of an easily
treatable tumor, obviously with voer 300 animals here the list can go
on & on-

Thank you all for your help and support! The FML rocks!

Beth
www.crittercamp.org
Critter Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary
Please Vote here: