From:
Trish Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:47:47 -0800
Hi everyone.  I'm new to FML and wanted to say I've really enjoyed the
stories and info.  that I've read here over the last couple weeks.  I am
a ferret owner by chance.  In Jan.  2001 my mom wanted to get a kitten
from the local Animal Protective League here in NE Ohio.  They were all
out of kittens so my brother convinced mom to get a ferret.  (Oh there
just like kittens!) They brought home a 3 year old large sable male.  Well
to make a long story short, my parents figured out right away that it was
NOT like having a kitten and 3 days later I had a ferret - Pippin.  The
poor boy was scared and possible mistreated before ending up at the APL
and he was a biter.  After about 6 months we gained his trust and he came
to love living with us.  It's just my boyfriend and I so Pippin had the
run of the 1st floor when he wasn't in his condo.  We have iguanas on the
2nd floor and keep them totally separate.  It was such a wonderful chance
that Pippin came into our lives.  I found myself laughing and playing 10
times as much as I used to.  When the grueling workday ended, I race home
and the first thing I do is say Mommy's home and I'm opening up the condo
door.  After about a year I could tell Pippin was lonely so we brought
home Miss Merry, a sweet 6 month old dark sable.  Pippin was overjoyed!
All he could do was follow her around constantly for months!  He's the
happiest BIG fuzzbutt in the world!  Merry is very opinionated and
independent.  She wants what she wants and boy do we hear it if we tell
her different.  I'm working on that.  I'd love to get a butterscotch or
silver fuzzie but can't until we upgrade to a bigger condo.  Till then
we've got our hands full.  I'm just so happy that now I've found a place
to share my family joys and woes.  Dooks!

Trish, Pippin & Merry

And cold blooded but hot tempered - Fredi, Grendel & Yoda