Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:29:29 -0800
Hello Melissa and all.
Sorry to hear about the killing tape . It obviously was made to "gross"
people out . Did P.E.T.A. state where they got the tape ?

When in England we went rabbit hunting with ferrets (not our little cute
babies) but real big aggressive ferrets.

The reason for the hunt was not to kill for the sake of the hunt but to
rid a farmer of a destructive pest that destroy great amounts of valuable
crops.

These ferrets were fed road kill or trapped animals like rats , voles,
mice or anything else that had a pulse .  These were the real ferrets not
the domestic pet variety, they would rip your hand open if they got a
chance.  I actually picked one up and held it (left hand under the front
legs so as they couldn't get a bite in) the animal was stunned , I don't
think it had ever been held an within a minute or so it tried to get out
of my grip.  I got smart and placed him back in it's home before I
required first aid.

One more point I would like to make concerning *P.E.T.A., they have an
annual budget of 40 million dollars and not one penny goes toward helping
rescues or shelters .

*In America people abandon 11 million domestic animals to shelters, 8-10
 million are put to sleep....

* applied animal ethics, Dr. Leland Shapiro
  Delmar Thomson Learning ISBN# 0-8273-8494-7

Mark Bethke