From:
Shea LeAnn Anson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:26:50 EST
Hugs and Dooks to All! :)

We put up our Christmas tree on November first........because for some
strange reason this year, Mommy lost her mind and began decorating the
house and singing Christmas songs over Halloween.  LOLOLOL Anyway, we
have an artificial tree ~ allergic to the real thing when subjected to
it for long periods of time (Gee, Shea, you live in Colorado.......are
you nuts?  I just told you that!!!)

Anyway, we had Trixie when we put the tree up and she had to help, of
course! :)  She loved rubbing on the branches and stuff.  LOL But this
year, being more ferret cautious, we left some ornaments off the tree.
No glass balls with hooks.......no satin strand balls (knew those would
be torn up) and Nothing that could come apart and get choked down a ferret
throat.  We put up bows (that you wind the strands around the tree like a
trash bag-tie, and put plastic ornaments with loops to hang on the tree.
And thankfully, most of our sentimental ornaments made my family/friends
were all made with loops to hang on the tree instead of hooks.

We had a few days of Trixie trying to tear the bottom strands of lights
off.......now she's disinterested and mainly plays under the tree skirt.
Both of them love the fact that the loveseat is so close to the tree....
because there is one ornament they try to go for..........the little
Christmas stocking.  It's right in the middle of the tree, and several
times they have climbed to the back of the loveseat and jumped towards the
tree for that stocking.  Trixie has made it several times.......grabbing
the stocking, falling to the floor and running off.  Buddy, however, is
too small.  We like to imagine him as being kinda like Wile E. Coyote.....
he leaps, pauses in middair, and falls to the floor.  He has yet to grow
bigger wings.  (We have since placed a huge pillow in that very spot that
they land on each time.  We figured, uh oh, we're encouraging.......but
they have only done this a few times. :)  We figure, "Better safe than
sorry")

Otherwise, the ferrets haven't messed with the Christmas stuff that much.
OH!  By the way........we left the tinsel off this year.  Found too much
in Trixie's poop back in January when we first got her.  Brightly colored
silver poop is NOT festive.......lol..........so we left it off for their
sakes.  Though, finding her halfway up the tree with tinsel all over her
last year was a very sweet sight.  :)

Love,
Shea, Trixie, and Buddy-Bear