From:
Stephenie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2012 21:12:27 +0200
the breeder/exporter in New Zealand and I felt very badly about the
whole mess, but there was nothing we could have done, short not selling
the kits in the U.S.

I'm sorry to say that ADV was brought into Holland a few years ago,
several years after it was found in America, and from the same breeder
in New Zeeland, so to give Australia the blame is going a bit too far.

the breeder knew the ferrets had ADV, they should have stopped breeding
and exporting ferrets, but they didn't, it did not seem to bother them
that they were exporting sick ferrets all over the world and spreading
the ADV virus to countries were it was unknown, so I honestly have very
little trust in what this breeder had/has to say.

We were extremely lucky that being a small county we were able to trace
the origin and all the ferrets that had come in contact with these
ferrets and so minimize the disaster by keeping it confined, but not
before it ruined a shelter.

Cheers
Stephenie