From:
Kym Costanzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:23:55 -0500
I just wanted to take a moment to comment on the post yesterday by Debi
who said that she was able to bring her ferret into the Pennsylvania
Ferret Club & Shelter's spring 2007 Ferret Fandango show and did not
need to show her records at the door.

I am the registrar for Fandango and one of the two primary show
coordinators. We also have a handful of dedicated club members who
assist in preparations for the show and on the day of the show. Our
policy is clearly stated and adhered to: all ferrets on the premises,
whether showing, for sale, or visiting, must have their records checked
at the door. No exceptions.

We have had the unpleasant task in the past of having to turn away
people who drove hours to come to our show - oftentimes, first-time
show-goers - because they did not have the proper paperwork or
misunderstood what type of records they needed to bring. It is
heartbreaking for us to have to do that but in the interest of all
who trust the PFCS to provide a safe environment, we've had to do it.
Complete with little kids in tears. If we're going to turn away someone
registered to show and who drove hours to attend, we're certainly not
going to allow a walk-in to come in without the proper paperwork.

I am not implying that Debi is being untruthful. I am saying, however,
that if someone told her that she could enter without records, that
person was not a Ferret Fandango volunteer assigned to manning the
doors at Fandango. It may have been a club member wearing a PFCS shirt
who was trying to be helpful or was covering the door for a Fandango
volunteer - I don't know, I'm speculating. But I assure you that nobody
assigned to cover the door would ever say that - all of our volunteers
know full well the rules.

Debi, you and I spoke at least a couple times that day, I'm surprised
you wouldn't say something to me considering you were so concerned that
you were allowed in without your records being checked. You could have
pointed out the person that gave you that information and we could have
dealt with it on the spot. If you remember anything about the person
who said that to you, please do let me know so I can speak to the
person. Short of that, I apologize that happened to you, and hope that
you would feel comfortable in attending our shows in the future.

Kym Costanzo
Vice President
Director of Shelter Operations & Education
Co-Director of Fundraising
The Pennsylvania Ferret Club & Shelter
<http://www.ferretclub.com/>

<http://www.ferretmommy.com/>