Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1993 20:00:13 -0400
[log in to unmask] (Roytman Sergej) writes...

> Perhaps I'm doing this wrong?

Yes, you are doing it wrong.

> I grab a piece of skin between Belka's shoulders
> and let her hang down.  Anything lower on the back doesn't work, and anything
> higher looks as if it will restrict breathing.  Is there an art to this that I
> don't know, or do I just have an abnormally active weasel?

You have to do it higher.  The shoulders do not work as you have found out.
The focal point is the neck.  It is very flexible and fleshy.  This is good for
grabbing and imobilizing ferrets.
--
Brian & 'Nessa (watched over by) Priscilla & Herman (carpet sharks)
"Maybe it's a gift, a special talent that I, alone, possess!"  --Wembley