From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:23:24 -0500
Tetralogy of Fallot from http://www.tmc.edu/thi/tetrolog.html:

Tetralogy of Fallot is made up of 4 heart defects:

* A hole in the wall between the lower chambers (the ventricles), which
lets oxygen-poor blood mix with oxygen-rich blood.  This is called a
ventricular septal defect.

* A narrowed outlet to the pulmonary artery, usually along with an
abnormal pulmonary valve.  This can block blood flow from the lower-right
chamber (the right ventricle) into the lungs.

* An aorta that straddles the wall (septum) between the lower chambers
(the ventricles).  This lets oxygen-poor blood flow into the aorta (the
main blood supplier to the body).

* Thickened and enlarged heart muscle tissue in the lower-right chamber
(the right ventricle).

So the blood pumped winds up being oxygen depleted.

So, this is NOT what I was wondering if it may be: not, not, not.
It's interesting; when i was a teen a neighbor boy had this but I
never knew the formal name.

 From the abstract at

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed
&list_uids=12551873&dopt=Abstract
it appears that Dr. Tony Creazzo is still at the same med school.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed
&list_uids=11413158&dopt=Abstract
is a later related article.

Ditto:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed
&list_uids=10359559&dopt=Abstract

I've run out of time to keep looking at things right now...