Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:52:58 -0500
HeyHeyHey,

Lil Blaze made it thru surgery.  The vet tech said it went without a
hitch, heartbeat and breathing rock solid and steady.  You go Blaze, ya
lil scrapper you!!  He will spend the next week in Raleigh with a good
friend getting his meds fine tuned (pred and florinif for bi-lateral.)

The surgery was quite extensive tho and we are not out of the woods.
Blaze had his left and last adrenal gland removed, all of one kidney (was
cystic) and had several lymph nodes biopsied as they are swollen.  His
spleen is also enlarged.  We are praying now for good pathology reports.
I would hate myself if I put him thur this much and the pathology came
back bad.

It was a hard descion to make.  Monday morning before going to Dr.
Hudson's Blaze was war dancing in the center of chair, amidst rays of
morning sun streaming in thru the windows.  You know that break dancing
kind of thing they do where they grab thier lil butts and spin, then
leap up and dance like crazy?  Thats what he was doing.  How do you give
up on that?  He dosent know that he is old and I'm not gonna tell him.

Many thanks and much credit goes to Dr. Hudson.  This is the second
difficult surgery he has done on Blaze.  His first was a right adrenal
with full vena cava ligation.  Anyone near the Raleigh area?  I highly
recommend Dr. Dan Hudson at Northwoods Animal Hospital in Cary.  (Hope
plugs are allowed) Dr. Dan also works with Triangle Ferret Loves and
Ferret Gaurdian Rescue Haven of Statesville.  Blaze is a permanant foster
here from FGRH.  Tommorrow, I will post his story and how he came to be
with me.  I am just too tired and wrung out today to do it.

HappyTails,
Karen and the Scruff You Gang