From:
Kelly Foran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 19:25:22 EST
If anyone has some advice I would appreciate the help.  My 3yr old female
had her left adrenal removed a little over two weeks ago.  The tumor was
benign.  She has been eating duck soup since the day of surgery (her food
mixed with chicken babyfood).  She has eaten willingly but only if I get
her to start by finger feeding.  She refuses to eat her kibble although
she ate a few pieces the first few days.  I thought at first an ulcer was
starting so we gave her sulcrafate for a couple of days.  No change.  She
is not lethargic, but here is the odd thing she has gained a lot of
weight!!!!  She plays and she is fat!  She does not appear to be sick but I
am worried and confused.  We have been trying pepcid the last three days,
No change.  My question is, Is she spoiled and stubborn or is her right
adrenal not working up to par yet?  Will it?  Does she need pred to jump
start it?  My vet thinks she is stubborn and says to not feed her and she
will eat.  (: Yeah Right!  I have let her go as long as 12hrs and she does
not give in!  Today she has gone that long and I can't take it!  It seems
dangerous.  This is making me nuts.  I read Dr. Williams article on
ferrets and babyfood and believe me I have four spoiled ferrets but in my
experience over the past 5yrs my babies have always chosen to eat on their
own when they feel better.  It looks like I over feed her.  Any suggestions
would be great appreciated by me and my baby Ellie.

Thanks,
Kelly