From:
lotaweasel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 21:12:48 -0700
REMEMBERING KODO

Today was a rainy day in Georgia.  Today was a gloomy and very sad day
across the country.  Today was the death of a beloved pet named Kodo who had
a heart as big as the whole world.  Today there was a huge rainbow in
Georgia.

The death of a loving, little ball of fur not allowed to grow to old age,
not allowed to be held just once more in the arms of the ones he loved most
dearly.  An unnecessary death at the hands of ignorant and bigoted Michigan
government officials.  An unjust death at the hands of ignorant and bigoted
Michigan government officials.

Today there was a big, beautiful rainbow in the sky above me.  I couldn't
help but think Kodo's gone across those magnificent colors and found so much
love and many, many new friends.  He's not alone anymore.  He's not
wondering why Mom and Dad left him in a cold, steel cage with no one to play
with, no one to cuddle with.  The colors were so bright and so vibrant it
must have been a beautiful sight for him to see after so many weeks of being
by himself.  Was this a way to help ease the pain I'm feeling?  Was this
telling me to send a message to Kodo's Mom and Dad?  Bob & Kitty, it was so
overwhelmingly beautiful words alone cannot describe.  Did anyone else see
rainbows out there today?  It was a message from Kodo....Gone but never to
be forgotten!

None of us will ever forget you sweet Kodo.  You've brought so many people
together and joined us in a common cause for decency and compassion for our
furry friends.  You've taught us to love others as you loved with your
wonderful little spirit.  So many friendships have formed as a result of
your ordeal and for these we are forever grateful.  You've taught us we must
continue to fight for rights for all ferrets everywhere.  You've taught us
we must continue on in your name so this will never happen to any of your
cousins now here and the ones to come.  Not one of us who have been
privileged to know you through your Dad and Mom will ever let you be
forgotten.  The many thousands who have allowed you to "ferret" your way
into our hearts will ever let you be forgotten!

Kodo, we loved you yesterday, we love you today and we will love you
forever more.....

Jackie Hawley