From:
"Amy C. Dempsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 11:50:47 -0700
My fuzzies and I need your hopes and prays.  We are preparing as fast as
we can for Hurricane Georges, its a category 4 hurricane with winds of 150
miles an hour, and the eye will pass over St. Croix sometime tomorrow.  They
are expecting it to be a devastating hurricane.  On the level of Hugo in
1989 which destroyed 95% of the buildings on St. Croix.  So basically me
and my fur snakes will be crawling into a hole and holding on for dear
life.  (Don't worry I have tons of food in water tight containers for the
kids.)  The really bad thing is if it hits us as predicted we will be
without phone or electricity for an extended period of time (it was 9
months after Hugo), they are more organized now but we might be down for
quite awhile and I will sure miss talk to all my ferret friends on the net.

Wish me well and I will be back!

Amy and her 9 fur snakes, in the eye of Hurricane Georges on St. Croix